Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Landon's arrival ...

HE IS HERE!!!!

Landon Thomas Wesley Abbott arrived into this world at 8:36am on April 6th 2010 weighing 8lbs 12.5oz and was 19.5 in long. Big guy :).

I went to my normal weekly (39 weeks) appt on Monday and my blood pressure was REALLLLY high for me and the ultrasound showed him still breech and weighing more than my doc felt comfortable with doing an aversion on me. And with the headache I had plus blood pressure we saw the doc then I was wheeled up to the hospital to labor and delivery. Hooked up to all sorts of monitors and watched for a few hours – doc came in and told me c-section was in order and that it would happen Tuesday morning. Soooo Billy took Mom back to our house packed the things we didn’t take with us :) and he came back to stay the night with me, got up at 5am to go home and get mom and they headed back to the hospital. At 6am nurses were “prepping me” for the c-section and at 7:30 I was headed in for delivery!!

I have some scoliosis in my back so it took about 4 times before the epidural went in correctly – that was some pain – but when it TOOK boy did it ever! Laid me back brought in Billy and the “FUN” began!! I never heard a cry or anything – I just saw the nurse come around with this purple looking critter :) then Billy came back with him all cleaned up and for me to see!!! He was perfect!!!

Got back into the room – was sick for a bit – then a few hours later they wheeled in our baby boy for us to start loving on! What an amazing sight he was to see – LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.
We left the hospital on Thursday and have been home soaking him up since! Mom is heaven with her first grandbaby!!! Billy and I had a reallllly rough first two nights – but the nights have become much better! Mom took him Sunday night for us so we could get some sleep before the doctor appointments and errands we had to do for other things! That was a blessing for us!!
Monday we got his birth certificate – so now he is legit! Ha!! We also had our one week doctor visit for Landon … he has lost a few ounces but apparently that’s normal and he is SUPER healthy!! We pray he stays this way! We go back again next week for the 2 week visit … I’m tired of weekly visits! HA … from me to him! My first visit back to my doc will be next week as well. In May Landon will have a hip ultrasound done at the children’s hospital here to make sure all is ok with his hips and legs

Dad and AUNT Jayme will be here tomorrow (Wednesday) night! They are both sooo excited – my Dad especially!