Friday, December 9, 2011

Catching up ... again

I needed to do this for myself mainly!!!


Landon turned 20 months on the 6th of December. And when folks ask how old he is we get a vary of responses, but my two fave are “Wow he’s tall” and “Wow he’s skinny – do you feed him” We respond yes and all the time :)
I can't seem to turn the pic - 20 months old

He is starting to put together phrases and continues to talk a lot.

“Daddy’s Shoes”

“Night Night”

“What’s that”

“WHOA” --- which seriously cracks me up every single time he says it

“Uh-Oh”

“Beep-Beep” says this when he here’s a horn honk or grabs my keys and says it! We are trying “car” :)

“Titi” – that is our name for Michelle – his nanny.

“Zeus” is becoming clearer – used to be SUS

“Pahbo” – still working on Apollo :D

“Doggie”

“Baby”

“STINKY!” – we say this while changing stinky diapers and when we smell our shoes ha!!

“Shoes” --- just like Zeus but there is not a shhhh to it :D

“Ot” – Hot (seems like everything is hot so we are trying ….)

“Toad” – so that is what Cold sounds like to my ears!

“Pappa”

“Nana”

“Mimi”

“JK” it doesn’t sound juuuust like that but when he is asked to repeat we know! We gotta work Omi in there somehow haha!

“Hi” in the funniest high pitched voice!

“Buh Bye” – that cracks me up too

“No-no” – and he knows when to use it!

“Cooo” – Coral :) his BFF

“Mitey” Mickey

“Choo Choo”

I’m sure I’ll get mad at myself later and remember more!

We don’t live very far from the airport or the military base so there are always planes and helicopters over our area … when he hears one he will run to the door and want to go outside and look up! He points and babbles! It’s great!

We can ask him “where is …” nose, eyes, ears, mouth, head, tummy, shoes (he won’t do FEET) and he will point or pat that area!!! And normally say what part it is!

He loves LOVES to climb on EVERYTHING! He climbed on our TV stand (after pushing his chair to it) scooted across it and started to take our ornaments off the Christmas Tree. AWESOME!



He likes to line things up! Chairs, toys, shoes, WHATEVER he can get ahold of! A few times we will move on or take one of the items away, he gets very upset if it’s out of place and if we took away he starts looking for it!

He has also started patting the front of his pants saying "pee pee" and grabbing his shorts in the back saying "poo poo" ... I'm nervous about this whole potty training thing haha!!

We enjoyed our Thanksgiving break with some good friends! The Fahey’s (officially as of Dec. 1) had us over for their lunch with their family! It was nice and I think Landon enjoyed playing with their doggies! The Fahey’s will be welcoming Lilli Bell very soon! We hope before Dec. 31st!!!!


Enjoying the bouncy ball with Fahey

Dodger loved Landon for the food :)


We did a small dinner the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving with Billy (since he had to work Thanksgiving Day) and Titi and her brother Michael! It was nice – we sure love our Ortiz family!


Watching Daddy get the Turkey ready for frying

With Michael

With his Titi

We were invited on a quick boat ride on the St John’s with our Petty family for some lunch at the Landing. I may miss the cold winters back home and not enjoy the heat down here in December – HOWEVER if I ever have to move somewhere else without dolphins – I may cry!


too cute

SOOO many of them were out that day

They love holding hands!

Our amazing photographer/friend Allison and her hubby Johnny are moving to Chicago! Sad for us – elated for them! So we have now enlisted Donna to take photos for us! Donna is so talented and is sure getting lots of practice with her photography! We appreciate her snapping some pics for us for Christmas!!



On December 16th I am off for 2 weeks ... YAY! On the 23rd my parents will be in at some point (long drive) and my sister will be here on the 24th! The Otwell’s 4 back together for Christmas for the first time in nearly 5 years!!! I hope Billy and Landon are ready for the insaneness!!!!!


I love his look in this photo

Such a ham

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!